ENTRY SALARY DUQ $25,521
EXCELLENT NON STATE RETIREMENT BENEFITS
MUST SUBMIT 10 YEAR DRIVING RECORD
- Performs unskilled maintenance work to support the operations of the Streets Division, and to perform other work as required. This class works according to set procedures under close supervision.
- Performs unskilled maintenance work to assist with the construction and maintenance of City streets, roads, bridges, sidewalks, driveways, and drainage structures.
- Assists with asphalt and concrete work.
- Digs trenches for pipelines. Unclogs drains.
- Performs routine demolition work as required.
- Removes trees and other vegetation as necessary at worksites; mows the grass.
- Hauls materials and equipment to and from work sites.
- Performs general manual labor tasks as required.
- Assists in maintaining assigned trucks and equipment; performs cleaning, preventive maintenance, and simple repair work as required.
- Drives and operates trucks and other vehicles; operate various hand and power tools as necessary to accomplish tasks.
- Performs duties in accordance with all department policies, procedures, and standards of quality and safety.
- Assists co-workers of assigned division and other divisions with various duties as required, including but not limited to garbage collection.
- Attends training, meetings, etc., as necessary to enhance job knowledge and skills.
Requires high school diploma, GED or specialized vocational training.
SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
Must possess a valid state driver’s license.
Requires some general maintenance, construction or manual labor work experience.