• Leads and delivers group fitness classes based on industry standards and approved
formats that begin and end promptly, and adheres to the format, standards, and times
• Instructs participants on effective workout methods; explains proper techniques,
demonstrates exercises, identifies different muscle groups, and teaches appropriate
methods and modifications.
• Provides verbal instructions that are clear and ensure that the volume, tempo of music
and the overall atmosphere is motivational and conducive to healing, teaching, learning and
• Coaches and motivate class participants to achieve fitness goals and continually
monitors for signs of injury, illness or overexertion.
• Interacts with participants, answers questions, introduce/orient new participants,
generates and maintains a positive exercise experience, and solicits feedback in order
to maintain long-term participation and member retention.
• Ensures all participants are using correct form during class and offers modifications and
variations of the activities to accommodate all fitness levels.
• Maintains and demonstrates a positive and professional attitude towards his/her
responsibilities, fellow associates, members, and guests.
• Represents and promotes the Recreation department in a professional manner and
adheres to appropriate fitness attire for demonstrating proper form, alignment and
movement of the body, and refrains from attire that is revealing in an inappropriate
• Consistently delivers scheduled class as posted on schedule and actively coordinate
and schedule a qualified/approved substitute Group Fitness Instructor in the event of
a necessary absence in order to avoid any cancellations.
• Provides legally purchased music appropriate for the class format, and refrain from
using music that contains foul or offensive language.
• Ensures all equipment is functioning correctly
• Maintains cleanliness and organization of the group fitness facilities by ensuring
equipment is put away and a sound system is turned off when not in use.
• Promptly notifies management of any equipment or facility repair needs.
• Prepares any incident and/or witness reports as necessary in the event of accidents.
• Accurately and consistently records hours worked and class attendance information
submitted to the fitness coordinator in a timely manner.
• Attends all required staff meetings as necessary and willingness to attend training in
order to maintain teaching skills or improve/expand current skill level.
• Uphold the company’s vision, mission, values, and code of conduct and also comply with
all City of Anderson policies and procedures.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
• Current CPR/AED certification and basic first aid training is required.
• Minimum of six months teaching in a group exercise environment along with
demonstrated knowledge of group exercise principles and safe exercise techniques.
• Maintain nationally recognized group fitness certification
• Provide verifiable proof of specialized skill/training
• Knowledge of group fitness teaching strategies and the incorporation of choreography
and safe transitional movement patterns, music, tempo, cueing technique, and rhythm.
• High degree of energy and be physically fit to have the endurance to complete the
• Demonstrated knowledge of basic physiology, human anatomy, kinesiology, body
mechanics, and training principles.
• Demonstrated engaging and motivational leadership with adaptability at the front of a
class to effectively engage participants and achieve a great member experience.
• Positive and effective interpersonal communication skills.
• High degree of professionalism with the ability to motivate others.
Please Read Carefully Before Agreeing To Terms
APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT
The City Of Anderson is an equal employment opportunity employer dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment upon any basis, including race, color, creed, religion, age,
sex, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, or the presence of any physical or mental medical condition or disability. In reading and answering the
following questions, please keep in mind that none of the questions are intended to imply any limitations, illegal preferences, or discrimination based upon any non-job-related information.
I promise that the information provided in this employment application (and accompanying the resume, if any) is true and complete, and I understand that any false information or significant omissions may
disqualify me from further consideration for employment and may be justification for my dismissal from employment if discovered at a later date. I agree to immediately notify The City if I should be convicted of a felony, or any crime involving dishonesty or a breach of trust while my job application is pending, or during my period of employment if hired.
I authorize the investigation of all statements contained in this application (and accompanying resume, if any). I also authorize The City to contact my present employer (unless otherwise noted in this application form), past employers, and listed references. I understand that the City may request an investigative consumer report from a consumer reporting agency that includes
information as to my character, general reputation, personal characteristics, and mode of living. I understand that the investigative consumer report may involve personal interviews with my neighbors, friends, relatives, former employers, schools, and others. I also understand that under the Federal Fair Credit Reporting Act I have the right to make a written request to The
City, within a reasonable time, for the disclosure of the name and address of the consumer reporting agency so that I may obtain a complete disclosure of the nature and scope of the investigation.
I authorize any person, school, current employer (except as previously noted), past employer(s), and organizations named in this application form (and accompanying a resume, if any) to provide The City with relevant information and opinion that may be useful to The City in making a hiring decision, and I release such persons and organizations from any legal liability in making such statements.
If hired, I give permission for a complete physical examination and I consent to the release to The City of any and all medical information, as may be deemed necessary by The City in judging my capability to do the work for which I am applying.
I understand that if hired and if my employment is terminated by The City for dishonesty, breach of trust, or any criminal act, the authorities may be notified and I may be criminally prosecuted. I also understand that, if hired, I may not hold other employment, nor engage in sales, investments or other activities that create a conflict of interest with my position with The City.
I understand that this application does not, by itself, create a contract of employment. I understand and agree that, if hired, MY EMPLOYMENT IS FOR NO DEFINITE PERIOD OF TIME, and
may, regardless of the date of payment of my wages or salary, BE TERMINATED AT ANY TIME; I understand that NO PERSON IS AUTHORIZED TO CHANGE ANY OF THE TERMS
MENTIONED IN THIS EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION FORM.
IF YOU ARE HIRED, A MEDICAL EXAMINATION WILL BE REQUIRED BEFORE YOU START WORK. IF THE EXAMINATION DISCLOSES MEDICAL CONDITIONS THAT PREVENT YOU FROM SUCCESSFULLY PERFORMING THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB, THE CITY WILL ATTEMPT TO MAKE ACCOMMODATIONS TO ALLOW YOU TO WORK. IF NO REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS CAN BE FOUND, OR THEY CAUSE AN UNDUE HARDSHIP ON THE CITY, THE TENTATIVE OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT WILL BE WITHDRAWN.
AUTHORIZATION FORM FOR CONSUMER REPORTS
In connection with your application for employment (including a contract for services), understand that consumer reports or investigative consumer reports which may contain public record information may be
requested or made on you including consumer credit, criminal records, driving record, education, prior employer verification, workers compensations claims and others. These reports will include experience
information along with reasons for termination of past employment. Further, understand that information from various Federal, State, local and other agencies which contain your past activities will be requested. A
consumer report containing injury and illness records and medical information may be obtained only after a tentative offer of employment has been made. By signing below, you hereby authorize without reservation, any party or agency contacted by this employer to
furnish the above-mentioned information.
You further authorize ongoing procurement of the above-mentioned reports at any time during your employment (or contract). You also agree that a fax or photocopy of this
authorization with you signature be accepted with the same authority as the original. You have the right to make a request of HireCheck, Inc., upon proper identification and the payment of any
legally permissible fees, for the information in its files on you at the time of your request. You hereby authorize and request, without any reservation, any present or former employer, school, police
department, financial institution, division of motor vehicles, consumer reporting agencies, or other persons or agencies having knowledge about you to furnish HireCheck, Inc. with any and all background information in their possession regarding you, in order that your employment qualifications may be evaluated.
For California, Minnesota or Oklahoma applicants only, if you would like to receive a copy of the consumer report if one is obtained a request can be made. If requested and you are a California applicant, a copy of the consumer report will be sent within three (3) days of the employer receiving a copy of the consumer report.
For California applicants only, if public record information about your character, general reputation, personal characteristics and mode of living is obtained without using a consumer reporting agency, you will be
supplied a copy of this public record information within seven (7) days of the employer’s receipt unless you waive your right to obtain a copy of the consumer report.
A copy of Terms and Conditions can be found HERE.