Please apply in person or print and mail a job application to:
401 South Main St.
Anderson, SC 29624
For questions, please call (864) 231-2201.
Detention Entry Salary
Fire Department Entry Salary
Police Department Entry Salary
Please note that a completed paper application must be submitted for each position for which you wish to be considered.
- FOR POSITIONS REQUIRING DRIVING OF CITY VEHICLES, ALL APPLICANTS MUST PROVIDE A 10-YEAR, CERTIFIED DRIVING RECORD.
- Applications will only be accepted for positions currently vacant and not for potential future openings.
- Applications will only be considered active until a hiring decision has been made in each opening.
- Applications which do not specify the position you are seeking will not be considered.
- Resumes will only be accepted when accompanied by a complete application.
- Electronic (faxed, e-mailed, etc.) applications will not be accepted.
- Because of the volume of applications, it is not possible to interview all applicants, nor will we be able to provide you information on the status of your application after it has been forwarded to the hiring department. However, if you have been interviewed by one of the hiring supervisors, you should expect to receive a letter at some point thereafter from the person who interviewed you informing you of the status of the position for which you applied.
- Please complete the Voluntary Applicant EEO Survey attached to the application. Be assured that the Human Resources Department will remove all demographic information from the application prior to forwarding the application to the hiring authority.
We offer an excellent benefit package for all regular, full-time employees, including, but not limited to:
- Above average health, dental and life insurance coverage for the employee as well as the ability to obtain largely subsidized family coverage.
- Free retirement benefits.
- Pre-Tax Flexible spending plans.
- 401K plans.
- Thirteen paid holidays per year.
- Accrual of vacation and sick leave each month.
The City of Anderson is an equal employment opportunity employer dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment upon any basis, including race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, or the presence of any physical or mental medical condition or disability.