CAREERS AT THE CITY OF ANDERSON
You can also apply in person or print and mail a job application to City Hall Human Resources 401 South Main St. Anderson, SC 29624. For additional information, please call (864) 231-2201.
Currently, All Fire and Police Department applications must be submitted at City Hall.
Police Department Entry Salary
- Recruit (Non certified Police Officer) – $39,853
- Certified Police Officer – $42,000
- Sr. Officer – $45,144
- Corporal – $49,661
- Sgt.- $55,341
- Lt. – $61,370
- Captain – 68,163
Fire Department Entry Salary
- Firefighter – $39,000
- Fire Engineer – $42,900
- Fire Sergeant – $47,190
- Fire Lieutenant – $51,909
- Fire Captain – $58,138
- Battalion Chief – $66,859
Detention Entry Salary
- Non Certified Detention Officer – $34,703
- Detention Officer Certified – $38,884
- Detention Corporal – $42,772
- Detention Sergeant – $47,905
- Detention Lieutenant – $53,654
Please note the information below if you are completing a paper application for the position for which you wish to be considered.
- FOR POSITIONS REQUIRING DRIVING OF CITY VEHICLES, ALL APPLICANTS MUST PROVIDE A 10-YEAR, CERTIFIED DRIVING RECORD.
- Applications will only be accepted for positions currently vacant and not for potential future openings.
- Applications will only be considered active until a hiring decision has been made in each opening.
- Applications that do not specify the position you are seeking will not be considered.
- Resumes will only be accepted when accompanied by a complete application.
- Electronic (faxed, e-mailed, etc.) applications will not be accepted.
- Because of the volume of applications, it is not possible to interview all applicants, nor will we be able to provide you information on the status of your application after it has been forwarded to the hiring department. However, if you have been interviewed by one of the hiring supervisors, you should expect to receive a letter at some point thereafter from the person who interviewed you informing you of the status of the position for which you applied.
- Please complete the Voluntary Applicant EEO Survey attached to the application. Be assured that the Human Resources Department will remove all demographic information from the application prior to forwarding the application to the hiring authority
CANDIDATES THAT CANNOT PROVIDE ALL OF THE INFORMATION REQUESTED ABOVE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
The City of Anderson is an equal employment opportunity employer dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment upon any basis, including race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, or the presence of any physical or mental medical condition or disability.
If you have any issues or questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org