The Community Development Department has a primary mission of:
- Improving the quality of housing for low to moderate income persons
- Increasing homeownership opportunities for low to moderate income persons
- Promoting fair housing
- Improving public facilities in low to moderate income areas
- Stimulating the local economy through the expansion of employment opportunities
- The City of Anderson’s Community Development Department has posted its Consolidated Annual Performance Evaluation Report (CAPER) for public comments. The CAPER contains descriptions of projects, accomplishments, and expenditures that occurred during the fiscal year July 1, 2018, through June 30, 2019. Citizens’ comments and questions are welcomed until September 24, 2019. The City of Anderson will submit its CAPER to the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) on September 25, 2019.