Social Media Guidelines
We welcome your comments on any of the City of Anderson’s social media outlets.
The purpose of these sites is to present matters of public interest in Anderson to our many residents, businesses, and visitors. We are hoping to provide relevant City news, including special events, programs, and public services to all our citizens and potential visitors. We encourage you to submit your questions, comments, and concerns, but please note this is a moderated online discussion site and not a public forum. Once posted, the City reserves the right delete the following inappropriate content from its social media pages:
- Comments that are deemed off topic
- Profane, obscene, violent or pornographic content
- Content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates harassment or discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender or national origin
- Defamatory comments
- Personally identifiable information. This refers to information that can be used to distinguish or trace an individual’s identity when combined with other personal or identifying information that is linked or linkable to a specific individual. To protect your privacy, please do not share personal information, such as your address, email, or telephone number, in the text of your comments.
- Comments in support of, or in opposition to, any political campaigns or ballot measures
- Solicitation of commerce, including but not limited to advertising any business, service or product for sale
- Any Conduct which violates federal, state or local law
- Advocacy or encouragement of any illegal activity
- Contains personal identifying information or medical information; we recommend that you refrain from sharing such information on social media outlets
- Content which infringes on the intellectual property rights of a 3rd party
Subject to Disclosure
Please note comments may be subject to disclosure in accordance with the South Carolina Freedom of Information Act.
Linking to a non–state organized sites does not constitute an endorsement by City of Anderson or any of its employees.
Do not submit copyrighted or other proprietary material in any form unless you clearly indicate that you have permission to do so. By posting your comments or other work, you grant [ Organization ] and anyone viewing the City of Anderson’s Website/social media platform permission to copy, distribute, make derivatives, display or perform the commenter’s work publicly and free-of-charge.
Also, note that the comments expressed on this site or any others do not reflect the opinions and position of The City of Anderson Government or its council members and employees. If you have any questions concerning the operation of this online moderated discussion site, please contact email@example.com