UTILITIES – WASTEWATER
- The History of the City of Anderson Wastewater System
- Standard Specification for Construction of Gravity and Force Main Sanitary Sewerage Systems
- Water and/or Sewer Delegated Review Program Checklist
The wastewater division oversees:
- Rocky River WWTP – 9.5 MGD
- Genersotee Creek WWTP – 10 MGD
A preventive maintenance program can help you avoid a sanitary sewer system back-up or overflow. Frequently, such sewer problems are the result of materials such as fats, oils and grease being deposited into the sewer system. Being lighter than water, such materials tend to accumulate at the top and sides of sewer pipes and can build up until a blockage occurs. Often, the end result is property and/or environmental damage.
Be a smart system user by following these helpful hints.
- Avoid pouring grease, fats, and cooking oils down your drain.
- Bag your food scraps and dispose of them along with your household garbage or by utilizing a composter.
These simple steps will help the environment and save money.
A complete copy of the City of Anderson Ordinance #07-13 dated August 27, 2007, can be obtained at the Municipal Business Center.